There are many topics being discussed as 2015 comes to an end and 2016 rears its head, but the common factor is definitely resolutions i.e., what did I do in 2015 that I no longer want to do in 2016? What do I want to achieve in 2016? Etc., whether as an individual or as an organization.
As we all make our resolutions, I just wanted to pop in here and leave a few tips for the New Year ahead.
- Quit looking over your shoulder, move forward.
- Stand on the shoulders of those ahead of you.
- Don’t despise little beginnings; a lantern can do what the sun cannot do – shine at night!
- Books are a window into the world – stay informed.
- Remember what you’ve been telling yourself you’ll do for years now? Just do it!
- If you want to go fast, go alone, but if you want to go far, go together (African proverb).
- Love is a decision more than it is a feeling.
- You have only failed when you stop trying.
- Death is rude, it doesn’t ask permission, so live as though each day is your last.
- The people you love deserve to know you love them.
- The higher the risk, the higher the reward.
- Don’t worry about tomorrow – Matthew 6:34
- For peaceful sleep and by extension, a peaceful life, settle all grudges before you go to bed.
- Everyone you meet is fighting a separate battle, be considerate.
- Give a smile to get a smile.
- Poking your nose in others’ businesses distracts you from your own journey.
- Stay focused.
- A new challenge can be the next stepping stone, go for it!
- Health is Wealth; watch your diet, take your medical check-ups seriously and take care of yourself.
- There is nothing that goes on without God’s knowledge. If you’re His child, He has your back – always.
What are your tips for the New Year?